Friday, February 18, 2011

STATE CHAMPS!

 So a couple weeks ago I went to school at 7:20, because Thornock (aka my english teacher) told us to be there at 7:30. Which of course, she wasn't! Anyway, my class,After a long bus ride full of MASH/Dots/Tic-Tac Toe with Camilla, we got to the University of Utah. Which is the only time you will ever see me there! We sat at round tables while some important people talked. That part was really boring. American Studies, the honors english/history class at my school, was going to Salt Lake, both 1-2 and 6-7 to compete in the We the People competition, about the Constitution.

Then we got excused to specific rooms. Ours has the most trippy ceiling ever. Imagine really wavy red bacon with little lights hanging down. For a while, we just sat and hyperventilated and reviewed our speeches.
Then the judges came in and we all had to stand up. My group was very first! You have no idea how nervous i was! There were 6 units and of course my group was chosen to go first!
I was shaking so hard I could feel my earrings moving up and down. I got through it, and so did my unit. I thought we did all right, nothing special. 
Anyway, by the time we had done all the units, speeches and questions, we were all starving. Lunch was a very fancy two-course meal. They had little loaves of bread that were sooo good.
Then they announced 2nd place overall winner...Centennial 2.
At that point, everyone starts saying that they wouldn't pick both 1 AND 2....
Then out of the clear blue we hear, "And the first place winner is...Centennial 1!!"
Oh my goodness, we were so excited, we all started jumping and screaming. We lined up to get our gold medals and plaque and pictures. We were all so happy. Especially since we thought that they wouldn't pick both of the centennial groups!
Me and Allie with THE FIRST PLACE PLAQUE. Left to right: Allie, Meg, Daryl, Britain, (he wanted a ladies man picture) Me, Camilla, , and then the other Ashley.
below Annie and Micah.

Me and Allie..."tastes like victory!"
Left to right: Ethan, Joseph, Allie, Meg, Me, Camilla, Jenny, Max 
So overall Ms. Thornock should be very happy because she came home with 2 victories!

2 comments:

  1. been there done that! when i was in 8th grade, we rocked it as well! way to go ash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha this looks a lot like MY post...:)

    ReplyDelete